The Doctor’s Case is the latest collection of humorous writing, musings and stories from Dr Maurice Guéret. It follows on the success of his bestelling first book What The Doctor Saw, which attracted rave reviews. Well known for his weekly dose of Rude Health each week in the Sunday Independent, the good doctor delves deep into his Gladstone bag to uncover a delightful repository of clinical gems. Dr Guéret ventures out on busman’s holidays to Venice, Paris, Madrid, Florence, Madeira and further afield. He ponders whether the varicose veins that run in the legs of his family saved grandfather Guéret’s life during the Great War at Ypres. And he rifles through an eclectic assortment of medical history and real life stories from his diary and columns. Delivered with his trademark wit, this superb compilation of writings will delight readers who are familiar with his work, and bring plenty of new admirers too.
BOOKSTORES that stock this title.
About MAURICE GUERET
Read some of his RUDE HEALTH columns
EARLY REVIEWS OF DR MAURICE GUERET’S LATEST BOOK – The Doctor’s Case.
- Superb showcase, a brilliant compilation from a skilful writer with a great wit. Alexander Fitzgerald, Editor, Irish Tatler Man
- While much of this book is highly amusing and all of it very readable, there is an utter, utter seriousness at its heart. Both of Dr Guéret’s books are valuable additions to the medical literature. Professor Brendan Kelly, Irish Journal of Psychological Medicine
- He has produced a rarity – a second book that is even better than the first. Incisive, observant and humorous without losing any of the essential humanity so prominent in the author’s debut. Dr Stephen McWilliams, Irish Medical News
REVIEWS OF DR MAURICE GUERET’S FIRST BOOK – What The Doctor Saw.
- Entertaining, amusing, fascinating and interesting. What more could you want in a book? Gay Byrne, Lyric FM
- A wonderful book to dip into, learn from, and enjoy. Sue Leonard, Irish Examiner
- Irish medicine’s sharpest, funniest and most incisive writer. Dr Paul Carson, Novelist
- Arguably the most important (certainly the most entertaining) Irish medical writer of the past decade. Dr Stephen McWilliams, Irish Medical News
- A sharp edge, healthy cynicism and a real love for medicine. Buy this book! Brendan O’Connor, RTE
- Fine collection of ruminations on stuff that concerns us all. The guy can write. Tom Doorley, Daily Mail
Any queries can be e mailed here.